Join us for one of our Insight/Onsite sessions in 2016 on September 6-8 or September 20-22.
Imagine experiencing Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater the way the Kaufmann family did: relax on the terrace, enjoy dinner, engage in lively conversation in the living room and journal at a Wright-designed desk.
Our exclusive three-day Insight/Onsite program is an adventure that provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity to fall in love with Frank Lloyd Wright and his masterpiece. The all-inclusive package features cuisine prepared by Fallingwater’s chef, nearby accommodations with stunning views and an experience that will change how you view the world.
Insight/Onsite combines quiet exploration, group inquiry exercises and lively mealtime discussions to provide participants with a unique understanding of modern architecture from physical, psychological and historical perspectives.
Participants will join Lynda Waggoner, director of Fallingwater, and Fallingwater’s curators for this experience.
Because this program is a small group experience, Insight/Onsite is limited to twelve people per session. Participants will stay on the property in the newly constructed residence designed by AIA gold medalist architect Peter Bohlin, founding principal of the firm Bohlin Cywinski Jackson. This property is situated adjacent to Fallingwater, and includes eight bedrooms, each with a private bath. This secluded site is surrounded by an amazing view of the Bear Run Nature Reserve – the 5,000 acre natural area that is home to Fallingwater.
Insight/Onsite activities include:
- Peaceful walk along a woodland trail to Fallingwater and time to explore the house without tour groups;
- Discussion and inquiry exercises designed to deepen participants’ understanding of and appreciation for the house and its setting;
- Drinks and hors d’oeuvre while relaxing in Fallingwater;
- Dinner with Fallingwater’s director and curator in the living room or on one of the terraces (weather permitting);
- Special guest lectures and conversations about art, architecture and other topics; and
- An in-depth tour of Fallingwater.
Registration and Additional Information:
Cost for the program is $2,500 per person single-occupancy or $4,500 for double and includes meals. To register for this unique experience or for additional information contact Roy Young, Director of Operations and Visitor Experience, at 724-329-7823 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.